Saturday, August 4, 2012

About Me , Sheethal Rajagopal

I, Sheethal Rajagopal , have been a bharathanatyam disciple since the age of 5. I have been trained under Mrs Preethi Prakash , a Bharathantyam and Kuchupudi exponent and currently a Professor for Economics at Jyothinivas Woman's College. She has been trained under the renowned dancer Smt Sunanda Devi.

   Mrs RoopaShri Aravind there after has been my teacher. She is the Head teacher at "RoopaKala Nritya Shaale" , which has branches all around Bangalore and also outside the city. She has to her credit , more than 2000 students trained under her for over 25yrs of her teaching experience . My teachers have certainly been more than an inspiration  to me.
I successfully completed my 1st level of state examination for Bhartanatyam or as we call it the junior level ,at the age of 10.
While , for the second level or the senior level ,at the age of 13  .


I Have been a dance enthusiast throughout my life which makes me passionate about the same now, after so many years of training , practice or penance .
I was blessed to have my "ARANGETRUM" at A.D.A Rangamandira ,Bangalore on 23rd August 2008 .
I have , to my credit more than 100 on-stage performances . Starting from Bangalore, I have  performed across the country. Including Vaishnodevi , for a show organised by the Ministry Of Information and Broadcasting of India. I am honoured to have represented Karnataka on a platform like this.

Naatyaraadhane is my brainchild for a dance school. I started the class with the kids around my neighbour hood  . Now 6yrs down ,the school has nurtured over a 100 aspirants. Currently running full house with 30 and counting students .

On the academic front, I am an Engineering Graduate From the T John Institute of Technology , and Currently Pursuing  post-graduation MS in Embedded Systems In the Manipal Institute Of Technology (MIT). 

No comments:

Post a Comment